Sunday, May 8, 2011

If You Love or Hate My Blog, You’ll Love My “Politics, Murder and Love in Stalin’s Kremlin”

Let me engage in some crass advertising, probably in violation of all rules of blogging etiquette. Readers may have noted that I do not worry much about such things.

Although I write on economic and political issues, my real specialty is Russia. My “Politics, Murder, and Love in Stalin’s Kremlin: The Story of Nikolai Bukharin and Anna Larina” tells one of the great love stories and political intrigues of the 20th century. It uses letters, transcripts and eyewitness to tell of Bukharin and Larina’s losing battle to Stalin in their own words. Arthur Koestler’s Darkness at Noon is a fictionalized version of Bukharin’s trial. Mine is the true account.

“Politics, Murder and Love in Stalin’s Kremlin is a great buy and a short and easy read.

Buy it at Amazon where it has a five-star rating:

http://www.amazon.com/Politics-Murder-Love-Stalins-Kremlin/dp/0817910344

1 comment:

  1. Are there any translations in other languages? My guess is that the book might be interesting for readers in Russia and Ukraine.

    ReplyDelete